The user interface in 3DEC 7 is incorporated in Itasca's common framework layout and structure. If you've used FLAC3D 7's interface, you've already used 3DEC 7. The following video demonstrates how to create plots and add plot items in 3DEC 7.
- Expanded startup dialog for important notifications and recent project files.
- New control set displays global FISH symbols and values, including during cycling.
- Streamlined File menu items. Facilitation of model import (from 3DEC 7, Griddle, or geometry) and export (to 3DEC 7, FLAC3D 7, PFC 6, and UDEC 7).
Help and Documentation
- Access responsive HTML documentation via the F1-key based on the mouse cursor position in the command prompt or within a data file.
- Documentation is available in a built-in pane.
- Documentation may also be viewed in the system default browser. Use of the built-in pane or system browser is set by user preference.
- Access Inline Help [Ctrl + Space bar] to auto-complete commands.
- Copies of 3DEC 7, FLAC3D 7, and PFC 6 documentation are available on our website at http://docs.itascacg.com.
- Simplified plotting via labels (groups, materials, material models, state, properties, etc.) or contours (displacements, stresses, velocity, temperature, etc.).
- Attributes for the active plot item now shown below plot item list.
- Reorder, copy, and, paste plot items in the plot item list interactively.
- Copy and paste plot items between plots.
- Synchronize plots via a keyword. Changes to the plot view in one plot are applied automatically to any synced plots.
- Use preset plot views and add your own views.
- Copy and paste plot view data.
- All quantities can now be contoured (e.g., stress and strain).
- Most plot items include the ability to map to other coordinates and the ability to plot with exaggerated deformation to highlight large displacements in small strain models.