Numerical modeling relies on relevant, correct, and accurate data to describe the behavior of soil, rock, and construction materials. To this end, Itasca regularly works with trusted, accredited university and private laboratories. Itasca can validate test protocols, review test results, and specify materials properties. In addition, Itasca engineers can supervise the sampling, collection, and preparation of lab samples as well as manage field testing. Specimen preparation and testing are performed in compliance with the relevant ISRM (International Society for Rock Mechanics) suggested methods and/or ASTM Standards.
Testing services include:
- unconfined uniaxial compressive strength,
- triaxial confined compressive strength,
- Brazilian disc tensile strength,
- direct shear strength,
- slake durability,
- moisture content measurement, and
- acoustic emission monitoring and ultrasonic (active) velocity measurements.